Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pre-Enrollment... Coming Soon to Student Centers Near You

Today Cornell sent out an email announcing the date of pre-enrollment for Spring semester courses (Oct. 21st, for those of you who care... and by Oct. 21st, I actually mean November 4th, and by "I" I mean Cornell, since they lied in their email). For many students, the reaction to this announcement will be an enthusiastic "meh." For me, however, it is great since it means a whole new group of things to learn. From my point of view, the pre-enrollment date is as exciting as a movie or book release date. Which brings me to the point of this post (which I will try to keep short):

You know that you're in
Humanities when you are
Pumped for enrollment


While all of those engineers and such have the opportunity to be excited about fulfilling their next chemistry or calculus requirement, those of us in Arts and Sciences get to legitimately look forward to courses such as "Beowulf" (yes that is a course), or "The History of Rock Music." Yes, it's a good day to be in humanities. Of course, when I'm out of school without a job I may not be as ecstatic, but for now I will take the window I have to laugh at engineers (Sorry, but not really).

No comments:

Post a Comment