Thursday, October 15, 2009

"B-A-N-A-N-A-S!"

Well, today is Thursday. In actuality it is Wednesday, since I tend to write posts the night before, but we will ignore that fact. It is below freezing, according to weather.com's prediction for Thursday morning, which is about 12 hours away. Ok, this tense thing is becoming far too silly for the likes of me.

Yesterday, I made a startling discovery in the Bethe House dining hall. As all of you should know, I am a huge fan of banana bread (I say "should," as opposed to "do" because it is something that you should know, although don't necessarily know. In any event, you do now, unless you are skipping this paragraph and going straight to the haiku, in which case you are not reading this parenthetical run-on sentence which grows more meaningless as I add more and more words), be it chocolate chip or regular (and yes, I did just add that part so that the sentence could be continued after that tangent). And, being from Boston (WARNING: Stereotype), I do have a fancy for Boston cream pie (though not as much as one may expect). So, when I saw "banana cream pie" at the dining hall desert table, I was quite excited. Here's what I discovered:

Banana cream pie
Is much better in theory
Than in existence


Yes, I found the combination absolutely repulsing. It tasted like rotten bananas, regurgitated by a dog, and then mixed into a Boston cream pie (not that I know what that would taste like). It would be substantially more satisfying to use Boston cream pie as a sort of spread over a piece of banana bread (That rhymed! And I'm going to need to try that now). I can still taste it's horribleness now on Wednesday night... I mean Thursday morning.

If you don't know where the title quote is from, you weren't born in the late 80s or early 90s. Or live under a rock. Or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment