Sunday, October 11, 2009

Off With His Bread!

Ok, in case you didn't notice- the site's layout is a bit different now. I spent about an hour tweaking with HTML (I am in no way a computer science person, and failed miserably in editing). But I finally achieved my goal of making 3 columns. Not sure if this works on all computers, unfortunately, so let me know if you have issues. I also now have an RSS feed, and overall more room to work with. Now to the post!

I was reading the paper today, and I came across a discovery, which may alter the standing of the Ivy league schools as we know it. As most of you should know (unless you live under a rock or are a pre-med), Harvard is generally ranked as number one, in terms of overall quality and difficulty to get in to. It also generally has good quality of life (which may have something to do with the fact that it is often considered one of the easiest Ivies once you're in... don't blame me, blame the interwebs). However, like I said a few sentences ago (3 for those of you counting), standings may be altered after a discovery I came across:

Harvard may be good
But their upperclassmen do
Not have hot breakfasts


That's right. The article was about how the upperclassmen dorms no longer offer the hot breakfasts that they once did. Just imagine how bad their funding must be if they've eliminated waffles, pancakes, and french toast! They must have already greatly reduced the funding to their curriculum and the dorm maintenance if they are ready to cut down on breakfast foods. I am telling you, this is the beginning of the end for Harvard's top tier status. If they aren't capable of offering students something so simple as waffles each morning, what can they offer?!

And yes, the title has almost nothing to do with the post, but I couldn't help putting it in once I thought of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment