Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Grammar Police

Well today marks the end of my "fall break" (which, after transportation, is shorter than the public school's "long weekend"). At 1:30, I board the 7 hour bus back to Ithaca, on which I plan to complete much work, which I doubt will actually happen (especially since I am bring back Monty Python's Meaning of Life, Spaceballs, a season of Monk, and a season of Scrubs). This lack of work is not due to the obvious fact that

Work simply cannot
Be completed when one is
Near a "Scrubs" box set


But rather, it is because, as mentioned in an earlier post, I have trouble working while in motion (or did I ramble on too long to get to that point?... no matter). By "in motion," I don't mean while running or something- that's easy for me; I mean while in a moving vehicle. It makes me nauseated. Oh, and fun fact about that! (don't worry it's not a vomit story). Proper grammar is "I am nauseated" not "I am nauseous." I don't recall where I heard that, but I still say nauseous nonetheless. Damned grammar police. Luckily, I have had very few run-ins with them, since I generally use grammar good, but I hear that they can often be incredibly brutal (Those of you who get "your" and "you're" mixed up had better watch your backs). But that's an entirely different post. Which I shall start writing.... now!

No comments:

Post a Comment