Thursday, October 29, 2009

Weekend of the Loving Parents

And today is another beautifully ugly day. By which I mean just plain ugly. It is almost the weekend!

This particular weekend happens to be parent's weekend, during which freshmen's parents will come visit them. My parents are already here, and got here last night. They brought me additional necessities, including Izzes, Reece's Cups, juice, and my winter coat. I know this wasn't a a lot of background, but heres my haiku:

Parent's weekend is
Just an excuse for parents
To come and visit


I know this may seem incredibly obvious, but think about it. If it weren't for parents weekend, would parents ever come visit their kids? Would their kids let them? I think not. It also allows them to bring supplies, as mine did, and if you're close to home they can bring that pile of laundry that you sent for them to do for you.

I know this post was incredibly short, but I will be posting a vlog post tonight (yes, I know it's not the weekend).

The title is an obscure reference to Night of the Living of Dead. It was going to be "living" parents, but I accidentally typed "o" and realized that it worked better.

No comments:

Post a Comment