Wednesday, October 28, 2009

DumBoards

Well, the day is still incredibly gross. It's stopped raining but the sky is still gray and the ground is still wet and gross. Why on earth do I keep giving you weather updates? It's not like you care. I guess that's just the first thing that comes to mind, and it's the easiest thing to start with when I'm lacking ideas (not that I ever have writer's block). I have decided that the best thing to do in this moment in time would be to look around and choose a random object on which to base this post.

*scans room*

I have espied (I love that word) a SmartBoard behind me. For those who don't know, a SmartBoard is an interactive white board which uses a computer, allowing the teacher to do all sorts of fun stuff such as writing on powerpoints, drawing mustaches on republican senators (not that any of my teachers have ever done that), lecturing without having to be at a computer, or cursing at it in frustration. The final of those activities is what I have chosen to write about.

SmartBoards could be great
If professors could figure
Out how to work them


Most professors and teachers have absolutely no idea how to work these boards. They may attend some two-hour seminar on how the boards work, but they'll come out retaining about as much information as an ADHD six-year old attending that very same lecture (probably less, once I think about it). We could invest more time and money into forcing these professors to learn how to work the boards, but chances are that in the end they will rarely, if ever, find use for it, even if they know how to work it.

No comments:

Post a Comment