Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Conversationalism's Key Components

Well. Today is finally thepre-enrollment day for freshmen. I have my whole schedule lined up, and hopefully I will get all that I plan to sign up for. I will share what I get with you.

Now what can I talk about. Yesterday was election day, but there's not much I'd like to say about that.

Maybe some more social commentary... Hmm, what to choose, what to choose.

The world would be
Less awkward if people were
Good at interaction


This statement may seem to be an over-generalization,  but think about it. If people were all good conversationalists, there would not be nearly as many awkward pauses or awkward conversations or awkwardness in general. But that would require people to be not only outgoing, but also intelligent, 2 traits that are often mutually exclusive (sorry to any of the outgoing crowd I offended. Chances are that if you're reading this, you are at Cornell, in which case you're an exception to this rule. Unless you play hockey).

This topic resulted from me searching for a list of topics and coming across a how-to-be-a-good-conversationalist guide. I feel like that's about as effective a step-by-step guide as a "how-to-become-fluent-in-French" one would be. Because let's face it: Being a good conversationalist involves one thing in particular: Knowing English. And if you have what we call the "moron complex," or fall into those described in these posts, then you do not know English. Sorry, but this entire post reads as gibberish to you. og upi vsm trsf yjod, upi jsbr ypp ,ivh yo,r yp loo;.

I will be posting a song tonight maybe, so look out for it (gasp of anticipation!).

No comments:

Post a Comment