Thursday, November 5, 2009

Self-Insulation

Remember yesterday when I said I would post a song? I LIED!

I was incredibly busy, and did not get back to my dorm until 11:15, at which point I collapsed into my bed and promptly fell asleep. By which I mean, that's what I would do in a dream world. Instead I ended up doing work until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer (after about 10 minutes).

I'm going to base this post on a haiku I wrote yesterday afternoon (for my Twitter feed).

I can see my breath.
I should not be able to
See exposed leg skin.


I was out walking on the quad, and I realized that it was cold enough for me to see my own breath. Then someone walked by in a skirt. And I came to the conclusion that once people can see their own breath, it becomes socially unacceptable for them to wear skirts, shorts, and the likes- unless accompanied by tights, spandex, jeans (in Juno's case), sweatpants (in someone-who-by-some-weird-fluke-made-it-to-college's case), or some other covering that provides any degree of warmth. Or if you happen to be half-seal and have blubber or some other sort of self-insulating device. If not, you just look like a fool and/or tool (or potentially a sorority girl). And no, fishnets do not provide warmth.


That song will go up tonight, I swear!

1 comment:

  1. do you make the fishnet comment with any legitimate background knowledge of the experience? i'm telling you, those things are cozy.

    ReplyDelete