Monday, November 2, 2009

If It Can't Be Told In 6 Words, Shut Up And Don't Tell It.

Well, I hope you liked yesterday's video post. If you didn't watch it, watch it now. I will be posting another song later this week.

Today is Monday. I am especially upset by this Monday because I have a ton of work to do over the next week (you'd best expect only a post or so a day from me). I had something to talk about, but I forgot.

The past few minutes I've been writing six word short stories inspired by Ernest Hemingway's famous challenge. I will post a few of them (they're not all funny, I'll warn you. In fact a few are dark humor-ish):


She was ugly. He was drunk.

Childbirth. He never saw her naked.

Harry Potter found guilty of witchcraft (This is based on that post I made a while back)

He was a musician. She paid.

She was a republican. Didn't work out.

Zombie apocalypse: Racism not an issue.


I, of course, will still provide you with a haiku:

Six-word short stories
Are perfect for all those with
Short attention spans


Yep. If you don't have the ability to write or read a full short story, this is the type you write. It's incredibly difficult to do, but it's a lot easier to not lose your train of thought for halfway through (unless you have a really, really short attention span). Only having 6 words is hard in itself though. I usually do the same thing I do for an essay: write what comes to mind, and then whittle it down to 6 words (that was supposed to be a joke. Albeit, a bad joke, but still a joke. I like that word "albeit.").

No comments:

Post a Comment