Thursday, September 24, 2009

"Georgia's always on my my my my my my my my my mind "

Where to start, where to start. So many things to talk about... only so much time in which to procrastinate before I do some more work....

Well let me take a look at the news (this is where I pretend to actually look at the news).... hmm, it seems that there is quite horrible flooding in Georgia. This is really not a topic to be laughing at (unless you happen to be laughing at the fact that Atlanta is underwater.... which is really not funny, and if you are laughing then you are a horrible human being... hehe Atlantis, Atlanta- get it?). But anywho, the fact that this flood has, per say, invaded Georgia has gotten me thinking...

Places named Georgia
Seem to have really bad luck
With floods of some sort


If you did not catch the other Georgia, I am referring to when the flood of Russian troops invaded Georgia over the summer (Seriously Russia? In the 21st century nations do not invade other nations... did you not get the memo? I left it on your desk right next to the Polonium safety guidelines (if you don't get the context of this joke, look it up- it's quite clever).

So first we have one Georgia's misfortune of being flooded by Russians, and now the other Georgia's misfortune of being flooded by.... floods. It's just a bad time to be a place named Georgia. My condolences go out to the families of those lost in either Georgia's floods.

Well that ended up a little more serious than I had initially intended it to be. But I suppose it's hard to joke about something so current... too soon I guess is the expression (although I have a friend from Georgia, so it's alright). It's ok to joke about Katrina though. I give permission.

2 comments:

  1. i like the song that the title is from

    ReplyDelete
  2. So i guess i need to tell people that I'm from Atlantis, now.

    ReplyDelete