Saturday, September 26, 2009

"Don't You Know That Beggars Can't Be Picky?"

 Recently, I have found much entertainment in the work of Mika, a pop singer from some obscure country (by which I mean that he could be considered to be from multiple European locations). Last week he came out with a new CD, which is an absolute masterpiece. I consider myself to have a very eclectic taste in music (ranging from jazz to hip-hop to pop to rock to soundtracks to random stuff that barely passes as music), and

"Theo, I'm really happy for you and imma let you finish..."

Damnit Kanye. But thank you for being polite. Now, as I was saying, having such a taste, I have gone from listening to the new Kid Cudi CD to the new Mika one.

So on that note, a haiku to Mika:

All of Mika's songs
Are paradoxically filled
With pure happiness


I say paradoxically because if you listen to his songs, they are incredibly cynical and/or sad, and yet because of their fast rhythm and cheerful melodies, you would never know. One of Mika's most popular songs, "Grace Kelly" is not one such song, although I felt like linking to it nonetheless (How do you like them apples?). I just felt like sharing a little slice of happiness with my readership. And if you don't like him, well then you can go stuff yourself.


The title of this post is a Mika lyric, which played as I was thinking of a title, and so became my title (no, I am not suggesting that my readers are beggars, so don't think that. I can see you thinking it. I can smell your thoughts.).

No comments:

Post a Comment