Saturday, September 26, 2009

Beauty before Men

So today I figured that it would be fun to share a humorous life story (I know, right? So rare for me). And yes, I can't think of anything else to post, why? And don't worry, I promise that it will lead to a haiku.

So in my medieval romance class yesterday, we were discussing the story of Erec and Enide (By Chretien de Troyes, an interesting story, if you so desire to look it up). Our professor asked up to give our opinions on the character of Erec, so I raise my hand and say that I think that he is a "chauvinistic douchebag." Then, for the rest of the class, people discussed Erec and whether or not he was in fact a douchebag (the chauvinistic part was a given). My professor then proceeded to say that a question on our final will be "is Erec a douchebag?" I am not sure if he was kidding.

But I promised that it would lead to a haiku, so speaking of chauvanism:

The saying "ladies
First" simply exists so that
Men can watch girls' butts


I don't mean to sound cynical of the male gender, or the gentleness that may or may not be expected to be intrinsic of men in American society, but would the phrase "ladies first" be uttered by as many men if women did not have butts? Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment