Sunday, January 31, 2010

Isn't it Interesting?

Oh boy, have I an article for you. I don't actually know what to say about it yet, I just know that I should have something to say about it.

But first, it's Sunday! I had pancakes for breakfast. Last night I had some banana bread for desert. But not just any banana bread- it was Reese's Pieces Banana Bread. If you don't happen to know, I love both Reese's and banana bread- so this combination was pure genius.

Now, on to less pressing issues. In a recent poll, Fox news was found to be the most trusted news network among Americans. Now, I know what you're thinking- that this is ridiculous. But don't worry- Comedy Central wasn't part of the poll, so it's not really the case (considering that both of them are meant for laughs). And if you think about it, it kind of makes sense. About 50% of people trust Fox (and by people, I mean of the 1151 voters that were chosen at random, which likely excluded most of the various demographic groups considering the underwhelmingly small number) according to the study, which is not the least bit surprising considering that they do the best job of brainwashing people. I think the results of this survey are really actually a good thing.

The results we see
Show that everyone doesn't
Believe everything


By this, I mean that people actually question what they hear instead of mindlessly listening to everything they hear on TV. If only 39% of people believe CNN, it really gives me hope for our country yet. So please, don't get mad over the results of this survey. This is disorganized. I'm tired.

In other news, Glenn Beck was declared to be the second favorite TV personality in another poll. This, again, is not surprising when you consider how entertaining that guy can be. Nowhere else can you see someone dodge slander by adding a question mark to the end of sentences. ("Isn't it interesting how Obama likes chocolate and Hitler liked chocolate? I'm not insinuating anything though, I'm just asking and ending my sentences a little higher like a teenage girl so that they sound like questions so I won't be sued and shut down for what could otherwise be considered slander?" (that was my Glenn Beck impersonation by the way)). Well I have my own question about Glenn Beck. Isn't it interesting that Glenn Beck is white and criticized Obama and the KKK does the same thing? I'm not saying anything, I'm just pointing out what would seem to be a coincidence.


Sources:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jan/27/fox-news-most-popular
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=9659056

No comments:

Post a Comment