Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"BUBBLES!"

It's Tuesday! WOOOOOO! I'm being overly ecstatic because it's a new day and I feel like I deserve it. So there. And if you try to impact my happiness, I will CRUSH you. That is all.


It's a beautifully warm day. With a high of 27 degrees. Believe me, that's warm by my standards.

Today, I realized how much of a bubble I'm living in. Even more so than I had before. Apparently, this Saturday is a relatively hyped-up football game between two teams that no one really cares about. Also, in a couple weeks is some international sports tournament of some sort that only comes once every four years (and no, I'm not talking about leap year). And, finally, there is another awards show to honor more rich people, this time for movies. Yes, these are the type of things you forget about when living in the bubble that is college. Or maybe it's just me. Who knows. But in any case, here's what I figure:

When living inside
A bubble, people don't care
About other things


Now, I know- this might be a gross underestimation, but really- people just don't care as much. Sure, people will watch the State of the Union, or the Grammys, or the Project Runway season finale- but really, all of that is based on personal interests, and you usually need to make an effort to learn about what occurs outside of our giant Glad Press N' Seal (TM) bag. You can watch the news or read the newspaper, but usually unless there's something you actually care about it, all of the information will be taken in through the filter that is your brain, and will come out as only mush and traces of useless information. Or maybe this is only me.

I know what I'm going to talk about for tomorrow's post, so tune in then for a more organized (and timely) post.

The title quote is from Finding Nemo, duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment