Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dirty, dirty dishes.

It's a beautiful (and warm) dare-I-say, spring day? It's 40 degrees, but it feels like it's summer again. Of course, it won't last, considering that we're in Ithaca, and it will probably be snowing again tomorrow.

While in the dining hall this morning for brunch, I realized something.

Dirty dishes in
A dining hall are a sign
Of pure apathy


Really. It's their way of saying "we know that we can keep our food bad and keep our dishes dirty and you'll still come to us." This morning at RPC I looked through about 20 different cups before being able to find a single moderately clean one. The same happened with each piece of silverware I wanted. I swear, their dishwashers could spit in each and every cup and we would never notice. Most of the time, I'm pretty sure that the dish-washing is more detrimental to the cleanness of the dishes than it is helpful- I find things in my cups that definitely don't come from any drink people might have. Of course, the other dining halls do a more-or-less better job. I think it's their way of saying "we know we don't have a stir-fry bar, but if you come to our dining hall you can have shiny silverware guaranteed to not contain thousands of germs and diseases."

No comments:

Post a Comment