Thursday, August 26, 2010

Feminism

Well, I've had 2 days of classes thus far. I've got to say, they look like they'll be good, though I'm sure I will have my work cut out for me (lots of readings and such).

All of the classes are very interesting so far, though I have noticed something about all of them- the male:female ratio is not quite representative of the school's ratio. In every single one of my classes (that I've been to so far), the male:female ratio is somewhere between 1:4 and 1:6. Now, I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, though for someone in a relationship (myself included), there are not especially any benefits of having a class full of girls.

Now, I would recommend the classes for single guys as a way to meet girls, except there's one important caveat: most of the classes are in the Feminist and Gender Studies department. Here's what this means

If you're looking to
"Meet girls" like at parties
Avoid feminists

I don't mean for this to sound sexist, but what I'm trying to say is that guys who are set on picking up girls for one night stands would better spend their time on people not in feminist classes. Something tells me that they will not so readily succumb to advances as, say, an econ major (no offense to any econ majors out there). So I guess what I'm saying is don't join my class unless you have serious romantic intentions. Or if you like the subject, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment