Monday, November 9, 2009

A Fishy Tradition

Well. I just took my sociology exam (the reason for this late post), and I must say: I don't think I failed that badly this time around. And by failed I mean do worse than the median grade.

Now, on to more important topics, which I have yet to think of.

In the news for the weekend, the Maroon 5 show was a success. They showed up and gave a good performance, without being too out of it. They were actually surprisingly fit. They came to Ithaca, went golfing, went to play tennis, and did some of that sweaty yoga stuff (that you do in really hot rooms). I also got to wheel Adam Levine's wardrobe, if you know what I mean.

On Saturday, Cornell destroyed Harvard in a fantastic hockey game that I was not in attendance at. And now that hockey season is upon us, I think that's where I'll start.

To throw fish at a
Rink of Bostonians seems
Counterproductive.


Think about it. If the rink reeks with the smell of fish, all of those Harvard kids are probably used to it by now. Whereas the Cornell people won't be. In theory this might affect performance, except that it doesn't really matter, since Cornell schools them anyways. And it's funny. What's possibly more funny is that there are threats up about people being kicked out who bring fish, and their tickets being revoked. Until the police do full cavity searches, fish will still be brought in, is all I have to say.

Also, here's an interesting article about the history of fish-throwing traditions here: http://onfrozenblog.com/2008/11/22/cornell-hockey-traditions-include-throwing-fish.html

No comments:

Post a Comment